The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was established in the year 2008 with the vision to produce meritorious engineers with human values by imparting high quality technical education. In the year 2009 intake is increased to 120.The department has faculty members with a blend of youth and experience comprising of postgraduates and accomplished doctorates in various domains of Electronics and Communication. Faculty members of this department have considerable academic, industrial and research experience. From its inception, it always encourages both students and faculty members for participating in various technical and non-technical activities.
Apart from interactive classroom scenario, periodic guest lectures/seminars by experts from industries and academic background provide thirst to the students to learn and to prepare for the ready-to-serve industrial requirements with uncompromised professional ethics. The department has specialists in the fields of Electronics, Communication Systems, VLSI Design, Wireless and Mobile Communication, Medical Electronics and in various other fields. The department is well equipped with the state-of-art laboratories. Our students are placed in well-reputed companies.
To achieve academic excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and to produce meritorious engineers with human values by imparting high quality technical education
- To create efficient Electronics and Communication Engineers to meet the current and future demands of industry and society with ethical values
- To instill the quality of leadership and entrepreneurship in students
- To elevate the spirit of innovation and creativity among students towards research and development
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
PEO-I: Futuristic Learning:
Graduates will attain excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering through lifelong learning process by imbibing the new technologies.
PEO-II: Career Development:
Graduates will become successful engineers or researchers or entrepreneurs with social responsibilities.
Graduates will excel as estimable engineers with ethics, effective communication and leadership skills.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
Identify, analyze and provide solutions to the complex engineering problems in the areas of communication, networking, signal processing and embedded systems with consideration for the societal needs.
Apply the contextual knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering to design systems containing electrical/electronic devices, software and hardware using modern tools and techniques.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.