About the Department:
The Information Technology department was established, during the academic year 2008 with an intake of 60 students. The department is equipped with faculties who strive hard to propagate their knowledge to their students. Periodic guest lectures, hands on training programs, seminars and workshops are conducted for the students to supplement their curriculum, sponsored by our college. This facilitates our students to update their knowledge on par with the industry standards.
Dept. of IT has committed to offer worthwhile curricula and employable potential to all graduates. Apart from regular academics, we impart opportunity to learn value added courses such as Oracle-DBA, Data warehouse, Multimedia, Advanced Java Programming Languages, Mobile Application Development.
The department has elegant infrastructure with spacious class rooms, seminar halls and technically upgraded laboratory with a total no. of 130 systems and 2 servers with good configuration. The lab is facilitated with internet and internet connections.
Insignia is the annual national level student’s technical symposium, organized by the department. The highlight of the event is its massive ability to reach maximum number of participants, providing a stage for aspiring minds to establish their talents and showcase it to the right audience.
Each year, many of our students are placed in reputed organizations like Zoho, Avenet, CTS, TCS, Infosys L&T Infotech, CSC, UST Global, and Wipro.
Our Staff produced 100% result in many subjects. External resource persons are being invited from various universities & Industries.
The department has successfully organized DST sponsored INSPIRE programme and big data analytics workshop.
Our students participated & won in various academic and sports competitions in State & national level.
- To be a center of excellence in the field of Information Technology to solve complex industrial and societal needs.
- Imparting strong knowledge to students in recent technologies by organizing various technical events.
- Providing platform for the students to encourage creativity, team work, leadership quality and social responsibility.
- Developing the employability and entrepreneurial skills of the students by conducting industry collaborated training.
- Inculcating the importance of research and higher education through awareness programs.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO-I: Graduates will have strong computing knowledge and they are capable to deliver their technical skills in the field of IT.
- PEO-II: Graduates will work collaboratively in multidisciplinary environment or run business venture and exhibit high level of professional and ethical values.
- PEO-III: Graduates will able to pursue higher studies and involve in research activities to adapt themselves to the changing industrial needs.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PSO1: To understand, analyze engineering fundamentals, mathematics, database, algorithms, design, analytics and programming skills to develop various applications.
- PSO2: Apply modern tools and technologies to develop research and innovative solutions to contribute societal and industrial needs.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.