Composition of the IQAC
The IQAC has been constituted under the Chairperson of Principal, Dr. T. Chandrashekar and the Coordinator, Mr. P. Deivendran.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
Role of the chair person
Being a part of higher education system in a developing nation, there is a greater responsibility on us to create a system that commits to bring benefits of education to society and nations at a large in pursuit of excellence required in higher education, NAAC/UGC has launched the concept of setting of Internal Quality Assessment Cell IQAC in the institute to build a sustainable quality bench mark for various academic and administrative activities. In the institute, IQAC enables us to realize us.
Role of the IQAC-Coordinator
- To coordinate the dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- To coordinate the documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- To coordinate the quality-related activities of the institution.
- To coordinate in preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- To coordinate the timely and efficient execution of the decisions of IQAC committee.
IQAC shall evolve mechanism and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and Financial tasks.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure
The objectives of the IQAC are:
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the institution.
- To ensure stakeholders connected with Higher Education, namely parents, teachers, staff, would be employers, funding agencies and society in general.
- To optimize and integrate the modern methods of teaching and learning.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To ensure a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and internalization of the quality culture of NAAC for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education.
- To promote the measures for the functioning of the institution towards quality enhancement through initialization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- To act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the institution.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Arrangement for feedback and suggestions from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of Higher Education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through PALPAP software for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the institutional quality.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Institution based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance bodies (NAAC, NBA etc.,) in the prescribed format.
- Syllabus coverage should be checked at the end of every week and for any deviation should be completed in that week itself.
- If any difficulty found is completing in the schedule the same should be reported to the Principal for completion immediately.
- Value Added Program should be planned and conducted in every semester for the students of all the streams in the college.
- To ensure with the departments that they must allow the students to complete various training activities like Inplant Training, Internship etc., during the holidays after examination.