As a part of Science Club, “Waves” activity, Department of Chemistry organized a seminar on the “Applications of Nanomaterials” by Dr. Vengudiswamy Narayanan, Faculty of Inorganic Chemistry Department in University of Madras on 24th October 2013 in the college campus.
Dr. V. Narayanan enumerated the applications of nanomaterials right from the olden days of our fore fathers till date that include biomaterials used in drug delivery (to treat cancer, diabetics etc.), nano gadgets like nano DVD, nano chips, semiconductors, nano coatings used in cars, etc..The mechanism by which the nanomaterials functioned was also highlighted. The seminar proved to be an eye opener for students in the applications of nano materials in the field of Nano Technology
Committee members for the Women Empowerment Cell
Ms. Bavani, Dept of EEE
To create awareness of the Women’s Right and to empower Women
- Identification of strong leader ship and change makers and building their capacity.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- The provision of opportunities and programs for female gender to be Financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their Growth as individuals in their own right.
- To conduct seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To help the self help group women to get financial support by identifying the sources.